Statements that make you go ‘Huh?!?’
Sometime people say things that you would actually want to immortalize, not because they are insightful nor witty, but because the only things that will surpass their weirdness is the fact that their speaker really meant every word. Some of those statements are really a riot when they were first uttered, some will lose some of their hilarity over time, and some will eventually sound rational. This page is for those that I have heard first hand…
- Dan Domingo - the perennial clown of our college barkada. He is never without any immortal statements especially when he has ingested a couple liters of alcohol. The funniest ones are those spoken when he should have been in full control of all of his faculties.
- Ceris Mendoza – a colleague who is admittedly a fast talker. The problem is that given enough time she will contradict herself. I think her vocal chords react faster than how much her brain can process things. She is the inspiration for this page, the straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak.
- + I am not gay, I have a bird! – Dan’s infamous quote when he was defending his sexual orientation.
- + (Points to a direction)Doon ang north. (Points to another direction)At doon ang south. – I think Dan was showing how to navigate using stars. The only problem is that the directions are perpendicular (about 90 degrees) to each other.
- + Di mo alam ang utak ng tao, yung mga baka nga ay tumatawid di ba? (You cannot predict how people think, even cows cross the road). – Ceris’ trying to connect the unpredictability of human nature to the unpredictability of cows loitering around the streets of Chennai, India.
I will update this page as I hear more materials.